Starting a new fitness routine in 2013?
Some tips from Fitsouffle:
1) Set small achievable goals: For example, "This week I am going to try a new class, next week I am going to workout 2x."
2) Set big picture goals: "In 6 months I will run a 10k." (Make them achievable!)
3) Tell a friend your plan so you have someone to be accountable to and she/ he can help motivate you! Better yet, have that friend go with you to some classes. The buddy system is a great way to stay consistent.
4) Try a variety of exercise classes: boot camp, Pilates, yoga, swimming, boxing, tai chi, spinning, TRX. I don’t believe the people who say I don’t like to exercise; they just haven’t found their preferred form. Keep trying, you will find something you like and an instructor who knows how to motivate YOU!
5) Have proper equipment and gear. The right shoes for your feet can prevent pain and injury. The right bra for your size can prevent back pain and discomfort.
6) Get yourself some new music for the gym! The right music can motivate you, excite you, and keep you moving.
7) Have a gym bag with everything you need it… having a well equipped bag can get you to the gym and take out the excuse of, “I don’t have the right bra with me.” Suggestions:
(From left) *Bag, Reading material, Water Bottle, Underwear (extra pair for after or in case you aren’t wearing a great pair for exercise), Sports Bra, Band-Aids, Bobby Pins, Hair Ties, Hairbrush, I-pod, Ear buds, Socks, Face Cleansing Wipes, Deodorant, Body Splash (if you are running errands afterwards), Athletic Watch, Pre/ post workout snacks.
*Lululemon makes a great workout bag. It comes with a removable bag inside for wet clothing for post workout, lots of little pockets to stay organized, and a small zipper pocket, which is great to stash jewelry.
Good luck in starting a program, keeping fit and living a healthy lifestyle. If you are in need of some exercise programs and healthy recipes you can always ask or visit me at Fitsouffle!"