Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
I N G R E D I E N T S :
Pumpkin seeds (from the pumpkin!)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ground Black Pepper
T H E H O W :
1. Preheat the oven to 325*F.
2. Clean the seeds. Annoying, we know, but also necessary. Put the seeds in a strainer and pick off the strands of pumpkin. Rinse thoroughly.
If you want even more crunch, we have heard sugar pumpkin seeds yield crispier seeds than carving pumpkins.
3. Boil the seeds in a medium-sized pot of water with 1 tsp salt for 10 minutes. (This makes the pumpkin seeds easier to digest and helps produce a crispy outer shell during roasting.)
4. Drain the seeds in a strainer and pat dry.
5. Spread the seeds over foil on a cookie sheet and drizzle with EVOO. Massage the oil into the seeds.
5. Season, to taste, using recommended spices.
6. Roast the seeds at 325*F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and roast for another 8-10 minutes. (Before they're done, we recommend cracking open a few to ensure the inner seed is not burning.) Seeds are ready when the shell is super crispy and easy to bite.
7. Enjoy while you watch St. Louis hopefully win the World Series!
And want to see how our pumpkins turned out?